Mother's Day Brunch
Styled by Kiss Me Kate Studio
You’re only 3 steps away from the perfect party.
Review the blueprint and purchase the party items in a few easy steps.
Follow our easy ideas to wow your guests.
Follow our timeline and party tips for seamless execution.
Buy your party items with a few simple clicks.
(prices and availability subject to change)
Prepare perfect party decor.
DIY Tissue Flower Topped Favor Boxes
- Favor boxes with pre-cut tissue flowers
- Green floral wire (22 gauge)
- Wire cutters
- Candy of your choice
- From your paddle of floral wire, cut a piece of wire approximately 10 inches in length.
- Take out one of the precut tissue paper flowers. There is a piece of string tied around the middle of it. Fold the piece of cut wire gently in half around the middle of the flower, then twist to tighten. You will be using this wire as a “handle” while you are fluffing the flower.
- In your non-dominant hand, hold the wire handle, your dominant hand will be used to separate the layers of tissue. This will now be the bottom of the flower. With your dominant hand and to create the perfect favor, start on one side of the flower and very gently, separate the layers of the flower one at a time from the center, pulling upward. Do one side, then the other and keep repeating till both sides are separated.
- Assemble the favor box by folding in all the pre-scored tabs.
- Attach a foam adhesive dot to the center of the top of a box. Attach two of the precut green leaves near the edge of the foam dot.
- Trim the wire handle so it is flush with the bottom of the tissue flower.
- Gently attach the tissue flower to the center of the foam dot.
- Open the box up and fill with your favorite treats. I recommend the Champagne Bubbles candies from Sugarfina!
Pull it all together in just a few easy steps.
3 Weeks Prior
Purchase the party decor items and Sugarfina candy for the favors
Order cake, cupcakes and decorative sugar cookies (if ordering from a bakery)
Place floral order for DIY centerpieces (if ordering from flower shop)
Purchase any serving platters you may need
1 Week Prior
Assemble tissue flowers for favor boxes
Assemble tissue paper flowers for dessert table backdrop
2 Days Prior
If making desserts, start as much as you can and finish up the day ahead.
If making your own floral arrangements, pick up fresh flowers. Clean and prep the stems and put in bucket of water to allow them time to open.
1 Day Prior
If making your own floral arrangements, create them and keep them aside in a cool spot.
Set up any tables you need to plus add table linens. Set tables and set up all dessert serving pieces with sticky notes indicating what goes where.
Fill favor boxes with candy.
Set-up your dining table according to the photos in this blueprint (you can do this day prior if you are hosting at home).
Add your floral arrangements to the dessert table and the tablescape.
Set out the food about 30 minutes before the guests arrive.
Decor: $200 – $400
Food: $100 – $200
Beverage: $25 – $50
TOTAL: $325 – $650
Kiss Me Kate Studio shares its top tips for pulling off this event.
We always like to do a “test run” of our tablescape and dessert table set-ups. We find that sticky notes are a life saver — write the name of each dish/dessert and stick it to the serving piece it will be going on. It’s an easy way to make sure set-up goes smoothly the day of the party!
If you love to bake, you can make most of the desserts ahead of time. If not, make it easy on yourself and just order from your favorite bakery!
We recommend investing in white serving platters – they are so versatile and can be used over and over for all of your celebrations.
If the weather is nice, you can take your celebration outdoors! Just make sure the desserts stay cool enough.
Styling & Design, Graphic Design, Florals, & Desserts: Kiss Me Kate Studio
Photography: Emily Hajec of Little Wishes Photography
Cutlery: Oh Happy Day