Snowy Birthday Soiree
Styled by Deets & Things
You’re only 3 steps away from the perfect party.
Review the blueprint and purchase the party items in a few easy steps.
Follow our easy ideas to wow your guests.
Follow our timeline and party tips for seamless execution.
Buy your party items with a few simple clicks.
(prices and availability subject to change)
Tablescape & Dessert Table Decor
Hot Cocoa Mug Favors
Please see the assembly instructions for the hot cocoa mug favors in the Prep Section below.
Prepare perfect party decor + party food.
DIY Snowflake Chandelier
- Assorted snowflakes
- Heavy duty clear fishing wire
- Invisible tape
- Command wire hooks
- Clear masking tape
- Install three hooks evenly spaced or as many as needed to cover the width of the table on one wall near the ceiling.
- Repeat the process on the other side of the room so the hooks match up (you will be stringing wire across).
- Let the hooks sit for an hour or as noted on the package instructions to set
- String and tie fishing wire tightly across the hooks and further secure the wire around the hook with the clear masking tape if needed.
- Cut long pieces of fishing wire and tie them to hang vertically from the horizontal wires (we hung enough to cover the length of the table).
- Use the invisible tape to attach the paper snowflakes down the length of the vertical wires. We also recommend varying the number of snowflakes and the size of the snowflakes for each string to create variety.
- Cut off each of the access fishing wire at the end of your last snowflake.
Additional Tip: If the horizontal wires begin to droop from the weight, place hooks on the ceiling and relieve the weight by tying wire from the horizontal chandelier to the ceiling hook.
Hot Cocoa Favor Mugs
- Pink mugs
- White crinkle paper
- Cellophane bags
- Hot cocoa
- Paper straws
- Wooden spoons
- Gold & white bakers twine
- Favor tag (optional)
- Fill each mug half way with white crinkle paper.
- Add a cellophane bag filled with hot cocoa and marshmallows.
- Tie the bag with a gold & white straw and a wooden spoon with the gold baker’s twine. You can also add a custom thank you tag from POPPYjack.
- For an extra special touch, you can send the mugs to POPPYjack to add personalized calligraphy for each guest’s favor mug.
Pull it all together in just a few easy steps.
2 Months Prior
Send paper or electronic invitations to guests
1 Month Prior
Purchase party decor items online
Order birthday cake and florals for the party
3 Weeks Prior
Order food for the party
1 Week Prior
Assemble the hot cocoa mug favors for the guests
Create DIY snowflake chandelier (see Prep Section)
1 Day Prior
Pre-set as much of the tablescape and dessert table decor as possible
Pick up the birthday cake and florals
Set out the food, cake, and beverages about 30 minutes before the party starts
Decor: $800 – $1,000
Food: $100 – $300
Beverage: $50 – $100
TOTAL: $950 – $1,400
Deets & Things shares its top tips for pulling off this event.
Mix and match different prints/plates of the same color to give your party that extra oomph.
If party styling overwhelms you, start with one piece, like plates and add from there.
Be sure to keep the kids entertained so the adults can enjoy the party too (we brought in snow, had a puppet show, and a s’more bar).
Themed drinks for the adults are always a hit (like snowflake martinis – yum!).
When picking pillows for the tablescape, we recommend keeping a simple color palette but using different textures to add visual interest.
Invitation + Addressing/Drink Stirrers/Cake Toppers/Wall Decal/Calligraphy on signs, napkins, & favors: Poppy Jack Shop