Valentine's Day for Two
In Collaboration with Castello
You’re only 3 steps away from the perfect party.
Review the blueprint and purchase the party items in a few easy steps.
Follow our easy ideas to wow your guests.
Follow our timeline and party tips for seamless execution.
Arrange the perfect tablescape.
Lay out black doilies in a straight line.
Cut apart peonies and place 1 or 2 stems into each of the bud vases.
Place placemats side-by-side in front of the peonies in bud vases.
Lay out plates, napkins and flatware.
Place fondue, cheese board and grilled cheese in the middle of the place settings.
Place napkin in between bread plate and dinner plate.
Pull it all together in just a few easy steps.
2 Weeks Prior
Purchase party decor items online
2-3 Days Prior
Purchase food & beverages for the dinner
Setup place settings and flowers
Prepare food offerings for the dinner
Decor: $100 – $200
Food: $30 – $50
Beverage: $30 – $50
TOTAL: $160 – $300
Prep the perfect party food.
Super Easy Chocolate Fondue
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Strawberries, marshmallows, graham crackers and pretzels, for dipping into fondue
- Combine dark chocolate chips, whole milk and butter into a microwave safe bowl
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove and stir until smooth.
- Transfer to fondue pot.
- Serve with strawberries, marshmallows, graham crackers and pretzels.
Raspberry & Nutella Stuffed Grilled Cheese
- 2 thick slices artisan bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1.5 oz Castello Aged Havarti Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam
- Heat a griddle or large pan on medium high heat until hot, then lower to just above simmering and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, butter the outsides of your bread, spreading evenly to the edges. Place butter-side down and top one slice with Havarti cheese and the other with Nutella.
- Place both slices butter-side down in pan and cover with a lid. This will help your cheese to melt without burning your bread. Keep an eye on the toasted-ness of the bread and the melted-ness of the cheese. It should take 3-5 minutes to grill, depending on the strength of your flame.
- Just before taking the grilled cheese off the heat, spread the Nutella side with a spoonful of raspberry jam. Remove both slices from heat and sandwich together. Cut and serve immediately!
Castello Sweetheart Cheese Board
Sweetheart flatbread crackers
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into pieces
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, pulse together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Pulse in the butter until the mixture becomes a coarse meal.
- Slowly stream in buttermilk, and pulse until dough forms into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to bout 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut into hearts and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Cool crackers on cooling racks.
- Once completely cool, crackers can be kept in an airtight container for up to a week.
Adapted from Heather’s French Press
Castello Cheese board
- Traditional Danish Blue
- Creamy Havarti
- Aged Havarti
- Dark chocolate almonds
- Dark chocolate acai berries
- Baguette, sliced
- Tomatoes, cucamelons & rosemary (garnish)
Arrange cheese board, as shown, and serve.