Retro Americana Party
Styled by Tinseldot
You’re only 3 steps away from the perfect party.
Review the blueprint and purchase the party items in a few easy steps.
Follow our easy ideas to wow your guests.
Follow our timeline and party tips for seamless execution.
Buy your party items with a few simple clicks.
(prices and availability subject to change)
Printables & Card Stock Paper
Prepare perfect party decor + party food.
DIY Sprinkle Ice Cream Cones
- Wafer-style ice cream cones
- White chocolate chips
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Put all of the sprinkles in a bowl (about 1/2″ deep).
- Lay wax paper or parchment paper down on a baking sheet.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and follow the directions on the package to melt them.
- Dip the rim of the cone first in the white melted chocolate, and then in the sprinkles.
- Stand the cones up to let them set (you can also stick them in the fridge for a bit).
DIY Cardstock Pattern Floor
- Cardstock paper (red, white, & blue)
- Masking or shipping tape
- Start by arranging the card stock in the desire pattern (Tip: we created them in panels for easy transport. 6 down x 4 across to be exact).
- Run the tape down and across the connecting seams of the papers, feel free to add more tape in the desire places.
Pull it all together in just a few easy steps.
3-4 Weeks Prior
Purchase your party decor and serving ware for the party online
Place order with local bakery for cake and other desserts (if not preparing it yourself)
Place order for the balloon backdrop with your local balloon artist (if not creating it yourself)
1 Week Prior
Do any of the DIY projects you would like to include in the party
Print out all of the party printables
2 Days Prior
Purchase any necessary groceries (snacks, desserts, &beverages)
1 Day Prior
Arrange the party furniture
Pick up cake and cookies from local bakery
Pick up any last minute items
Make your DIY balloon garland or pick up from your local balloon artist
Set up your tablescape, dessert and drink station
Set out the food (condiments, desserts, drinks, etc..) about 15 minutes before the guests arrive
Decor: $500 – $900
Food & Beverage: $250 – $350
TOTAL: $750 – $1,250
Tinseldot shares its top tips for pulling off this event.
To avoid damages or spills on your DIY pattern floor, purchase a clear vinyl roll and place it on top.
As an option, you can purchase a plain white cake at your local grocery store and add some sprinkles with maraschino cherries. It will save you some money!
Try using pieces of furniture you own, like a bookshelf or buffet table that matches your color theme.
For a fun photo experience, encourage your guests to dress up in their best Retro Americana Style!