Lumberjack Birthday Party
Styled by AK Party Studio
You’re only 3 steps away from the perfect party.
Review the blueprint and purchase the party items in a few easy steps.
Follow our easy ideas to wow your guests.
Follow our timeline and party tips for seamless execution.
Framed Vintage Prints: We recommend googling “Vintage Paul Bunyan” to pull up images that you can print out and frame for party decor.
Prepare perfect party decor + party food.
Tree Stump Cake
- 2 boxes of cake mix
- Vanilla buttercream frosting
- Chocolate buttercream frosting
- Wilton brown food coloring
- Graham crackers
- Ax cake topper
- Bake 3 cake layers using the boxed cake mixtures.
- After the cake layers have cooled, add the frosting. Between each layer, add a small amount of vanilla frosting, carefully stacking each layer as you go.
- Apply a thin layer of chocolate frosting all around the outside of the cake to form a crumb coat.
- Add 1-2 drops of brown food coloring to the vanilla frosting so that it is a tan color.
- Apply the tan frosting to the top of the cake. Use a toothpick to make swirls all around to look like tree rings.
- Apply a thick layer of the chocolate frosting with a frosting spatula in an upward motion to the side of the cake. Don’t worry if it’s not precise — if it looks a little messy, it looks more like a real tree stump!
- Crumble the graham crackers and sprinkle them around the edges of the cake to look like wood shavings.
- Add a foam ax cake topper to the top of the cake.
- Graham crackers
- Mini marshmallows
- Cellphone bags
- Ribbon or bakers twine
- Favor tags
- Assemble two graham crackers, mini marshmallows and a piece of chocolate and place in a small cellophane bag.
- Using ribbon or bakers twine, tie the favor tag to the bag.
4 Weeks Prior
Order & mail invitations
Purchase party supplies
2 Weeks Prior
Purchase any last minute decor items
1 Week Prior
Print out party printables and place signage in frames
2-3 Days Prior
Purchase food items
Start decorating and arranging décor items
Assemble favors and tags
1 Day Prior
Prep any food that can be stored overnight
Bake & decorate cake
Lay out food & drinks
Complete any final decor prep
Decor: $250 – $300
Food & Beverage: $100 – $150
TOTAL: $350 – $450
AK Party Studio shares its top tips for pulling off this event.
I always love to use items that I have around my home (i.e. household tools and my husband’s flannel shirt) as party décor. Not only does it add a personal feel to your party, but it saves you time and money! With this theme, you can also easily use outdoor elements (i.e. wood) for decoration.
To make prep a little easier and keep overall party costs down, I opted for ordering in pizza, a homemade cake & cupcakes, and small store-bought snacks (Teddy Graham cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, veggie sticks & dip, popcorn / pretzels, and a basket of apples). For the DIY s’more favors, all you need are graham crackers, mini marshmallows, and chocolate!