Party Like An Animal! Party
Styled by Deets & Things
You’re only 3 steps away from the perfect party.
Review the blueprint and purchase the party items in a few easy steps.
Follow our easy ideas to wow your guests.
Follow our timeline and party tips for seamless execution.
Buy your party items with a few simple clicks.
(prices and availability subject to change)
Prepare perfect party decor.
- Tissue honeycombs of varying sizes
- An empty wall or a backdrop holder
- Heavy duty twine
- Glue gun and glue
- Backdrop fabric (we bought 8 feet worth) for a 7 feet by 6 foot
- Custom “Party Like and Animal” Letters from Dear Heart Signs
- Set up your backdrop and clip the fabric to backdrop holder.
- Then lay the backdrop down on the ground by collapsing the legs so that you have a flat surface to place your letters.
- Place your laser cut words down and then glue gun them on.
- Once dry, position the back drop right side up.
- Tie a rope from one corner of the backdrop to the other. Make sure if taught as it will droop with the weight of the honeycombs. Begin tying honeycombs starting in the center and working your way out on each end. Lay smaller honeycombs on top until you get your desired look.
- Repeat the process vertically on both sides of the backdrop.
Party Ears Holder
- 2 Pegboards
- ¼ inch dowels
- Heavy duty wire cutters
- “GET YOUR PARTY ON” words from Dear Heart Signs
- Grey paint
- Paint brush
- Glue and hot glue gun
- Party ears
- Paint peg board gray and let dry
- Place board side by side on the ground, place letters and glue
- Cut dowels into 2 inch pieces
- Stand pegboards upright and place pegs in desired spots. We placed the ears on the pegs to help us determine spacing.
- Take animal ears off and glue the dowels into place
- Display side by side
Pull it all together in just a few easy steps.
1 Month Prior
Purchase party décor items online, accounting for delivery times
Place an order for food and desserts (if not making them yourself)
2 Weeks Prior
Assemble DIY projects including the backdrop, party ears holders, and planters
2 Days Prior
Purchase any food or beverages for the party
1 Day Prior
Pre-set as much of the party décor as you can
Finalize party décor
Set out the food and beverages about 30 minutes before the guests arrive
Decor: $600 – $800
Food: $300 – $400
Beverage: $50 – $100
TOTAL: $950 – $1,300
Deets & Things shares its top tips for pulling off this event.
Use an electric balloon pump to blow up the floats at least a day before. They are large and take some time
Set the cookie hats on the plates at the very last minute (especially if your party is outside)
Add a party hat to all your desserts to make it fun and festive.
Try to do as much prep work you can in the days before the party so that the day of you have less to worry about.
Anchor your favors with something small and place them out in the yard right before guests are about to leave. The kids will be surprised and delighted!
Photography: Tiffany Amber Photography
Planning/Design/Decor: Jacqui of Deets & Things
Creative Partner + Party Blueprint: Black Twine
Petting Zoo: Haley’s Petting Zoo Village