Holiday Cookie Decorating Party
Featuring Meri Meri and Sugarfina
In Collaboration with Twinkle Twinkle Little Party
You’re only 3 steps away from the perfect party.
Review the blueprint and purchase the party items in a few easy steps.
Follow our easy ideas to wow your guests.
Follow our timeline and party tips for seamless execution.
Buy your party items with a few simple clicks.
(prices and availability subject to change)
See Prep Section below for instructions on how to make the Balloon Ornament Garland and Table Centerpiece.
Cookie Decorating Supplies
We love Sugarfina’s delicious candies and gorgeous packaging, but feel free to use any candy and cookie decorating items of your choosing.
Use the large glass jar to hold the hot cocoa powder. Use the smaller glass jars to display various candy and treats.
Prepare perfect party decor + party food.
DIY Reindeer Cake
- Draw eyes and eyelashes using the black decorating icing pen.
- Print out template. Cut the antlers out.
- On the back of the gold glitter, trace the antlers using a pencil.
- Cut the gold glitter antlers out. Insert them on top of the cake.
- Using a toothpick, insert a red gumball for the nose. Note: I gently made a tiny hole on the gumball using the tip of the scissors then, I inserted the toothpick.
- Partially inflate a balloon, making sure to keep its round shape. Knot the balloon.
- Cut a small rectangle of mirror board and scallop one of the long-edges. This will be for your ornament cap. For the mini balloon, we used a piece 1/2″ by 3-1/2″. For the 11”, we used 1” by 6-1/2″.
- Curve the scalloped cardstock with your hands to create a faceted look. Roll the piece into a tube and hot glue in place.
- To add a top to the cap, glue the non-scalloped end to the white side of a piece of mirror board. Trim the end so that the edge is flush with the tube opening.
- Cut a narrow strip of mirror board and make a tiny loop for your cap. Glue the bottom of the loop to the top of the cap.
- Place the ornament cap over the knot of the balloon. Apply two dabs of hot glue on the rim of the cap and place over the balloon until cool.
- Position your balloon ornaments on your table scape by using a loop of masking tape to adhere to the table.
NOTE: For the Balloon Ornament Garland, use the 5” balloons and a string to hang over the dessert station.
Pull it all together in just a few easy steps.
3-4 Weeks Prior
Purchase the party décor supplies
1 Week Prior
Order a chocolate buttercream cake for decorating (Reindeer Cake)
Order plain cupcakes for decorating (Reindeer Noses)
2 Days Prior
Bake cookies for decorating
1 Day Prior
Make Christmas Ornament Balloons (garland and cookie table centerpiece)
Decorate Buttercream cake and cupcakes
Set up the dessert table
Hang the balloon ornament garland over the dessert table
Assemble the decor on the seated table where kids will decorate the cookies (Ornament table decor; place settings)
Decor: $150 – $250
Food: $150 – $200
TOTAL: $350 – $500
Twinkle Twinkle Little Party shares its top tips for pulling off this event.
Decide on the tables you would like to use for the dessert station and kids cookie decorating station.
Set up the dessert station by displaying a reindeer cake, reindeer nose cupcakes and Sugarfina candy boxes. Note: You can arrange the boxes to resemble a Christmas tree. For the “tree topper”, simply insert a star toothpick into a gummy. Place on top of the box.
Hang a DIY Christmas Ornament Garland over the dessert table to make it more fun and festive.
Make a beautiful Christmas Ornament Centerpiece for the Cookie Decorating Station.