Modern Terrarium Making Party
Styled by A Lovely Design
You’re only 3 steps away from the perfect party.
Review the blueprint and purchase the party items in a few easy steps.
Follow our easy ideas to wow your guests.
Follow our timeline and party tips for seamless execution.
Terrarium Making Materials
Prepare a perfect terrarium-making party.
How to Make a Terrarium
- Terrarium Party Printables by A Lovely Design (Free Downloads)
- Mini glass globe terrariums
- Start with a clean glass terrarium.
- Fill the bottom of the vessel with a layer of small rocks to collect the water drainage.
- Next add a layer of soil.
- Remove a succulent from its container and dust excess soil off the roots. Using the end of a small spoon, make a hole in the soil big enough for the roots and nestle the plant inside, pressing the soil down firmly to hold it in place.
- Once the succulents are arranged, add about a layer of white sand around the plants.
- Place some moss and a few additional pebbles to complete the look of the terrarium.
- Tip: Succulents like direct sunlight every day. Lightly water the base roughly every 2 weeks or once the soil dries out.
3-4 Weeks Prior
Send out your invitations (snail mail or digital)
Purchase your party decor and terrarium making supplies for the party
2 Weeks Prior
Decide on the desserts and treats to be served
Order any food or dessert (cakes, cupcakes, cookies) that you will not be making yourself
1 Week Prior
Print out the Terrarium Printables by A Lovely Design
Organize the terrarium making supplies
1 Day Prior
Purchase any food or beverage for the event
Bake anything that you have not ordered
Pre-set the table scape, dessert table, and terrarium making supplies to save time the day of the party
Pick up any food that you are not making yourself
Finalize any last minute details of the party decor
Set out food, desserts, and beverage about 30 minutes before the guests arrive
Decor: $300 – $600
Food: $100 – $150
TOTAL: $425 – $775
A Lovely Design shares its top tips for pulling off this event.
We love using various heights and shapes cake plates to add interest to the dessert table.
Try using pieces of furniture own, like a cute dresser or buffet table, to display your food & desserts.
Having an activity — like making terrariums — at your party is always a great idea to keep your guests engaged.
Don’t stress over having to make all the desserts for your party. Your local bakery and grocery store bakery usual have a lovely selection to choose from.
Always be on the lookout for serving platters and trays to add to your collection so you can mix and match to give your dessert table and food tables an eclectic look.
Party Styling, Desserts and Printables: A Lovely Design
Glass terrarium globes, mini white ceramic flowerpots, moss, sand, square white plates, succulent/cactus napkins, gold tissue flowers: Oriental Trading
Purple mason jars, table runner fabric, decorative moss and pebbles : Joanns
Screen backdrop, glass and gold terrarium containers, favor jars, and faux succulents for favor jars: Hobby Lobby
Matte gold silverware: Target
Tissue tassel: Glamfete