Roller Disco Derby Party
In Collaboration with Geese & Ganders
Styled by La Petite Fête
You’re only 3 steps away from the perfect party.
Review the blueprint and purchase the party items in a few easy steps.
Follow our easy ideas to wow your guests.
Follow our timeline and party tips for seamless execution.
Buy your party items with a few simple clicks.
(prices and availability subject to change)
Prepare perfect party décor.
Silver Mylar Balloon Backdrop
- Assemble the cardboard photobooth backdrop per package instructions.
- Cover the board with silver sequin fabric or linen. You could also spray paint it silver, but we liked the look of the sequin fabric (we simply wrapped the board like a present and taped it in the back with gaffers tape).
- Inflate a combination of different shaped metallic silver mylar balloons and disco ball balloons. We used a simple balloon hand pump.
- Inflate the 16″ magenta letter balloons to spell out “Roll With It”.
- Make a bunch of large tape loops using gaffer tape, press into the fabric backdrop first so it’s secure then attach the balloon to the tape loop/wall. We recommend that you lay out all of your balloons before taping them to the backdrop. For example, we first centered the magenta “Roll With It” balloons and then fill in with the silver mylar balloons around the letters. Any extra balloons can be thrown in front along the floor for added decor and photo props.
Disco Ball Chandelier
- 8” disco balls (3)
- 12” disco balls (2)
- S hardware hook
- Silver wire
- Wire cutters
- Depending on your ceiling height and where you’re planning on hanging the chandelier, cut long lengths of wire for each disco ball.
- Thread one wire through the top loop of each disco ball and twist it around several times to safely secure it.
- Once all the balls are wired, pick up one of the 12″ balls as your starting point. Attach it to your S-hook but wrapping is several times around and across the lower portion to secure with weight. Continue to attach the other balls in a staggering fashion so they layered nicely at different heights until you get the look you want.
- Using an S hardware hook, wrap the main silver wire and hang from the ceiling. Depending on where you want to hang it, you may be able to attach the S hook directly to a ceiling beam point (we hung ours on an exposed beam/pipe). Wherever you hang it, just make sure you’re at a strong point in the ceiling to hold the weight.
Pull it all together in just a few easy steps.
4-6 Weeks Prior
Purchase all partyware items from Geese & Ganders as well as other party decor items
Order and mail invitations
Order custom signage
Order linen rentals
Order your desserts, cake, cupcakes, cookies from local baker
Purchase any cake stands needed
1 Week Prior
Complete your DIY projects, such as the disco ball chandelier
2 Days Prior
Purchase fresh flowers for the table if using some mixed in with the disco balls
Purchase any necessary groceries, beverages and snacks
1 Day Prior
Start setting and decorating the guest tables if the party is in your home, add disco balls to the tablescape, add guest name to each place setting with disco ball tumbler favor if desired
Put together the balloon photobooth backdrop
Decorate the walls with the garlands and the custom party signage
Pick up desserts and style them on desert table or counter, arrange on cake stands
Place a custom roller skating cookie on each place setting
Set out food / beverages about 30 minutes before guests arrive
Decor: $300 – $500
Food: $200 – $300
Beverage: $25 – $50
TOTAL: $525 – $850
La Petite Fete shares its top tips for pulling off this event.
Mix & match party ware items from Geese and Ganders for a fun and interesting look. Don’t be afraid to mix the pink and blue cups together.
The cake with the disco ball topper was such a fun part of the party decor. We also love fun, unique signage. The holographic garland and star garlands are a nice touch to hang near a dessert display.
We used clear ghost chairs to really showcase the fun silver mermaid sequin linen. We also added star decals (applique and a glue dot) to the chairs to create a cute floating look.
A balloon backdrop is a great way to create a fun photobooth area for the guests.
If your budget permits, we love adding fresh flowers to the tablescape – we added some blooms (peonies) scattered around the table with the mini disco balls. to the table top.
Design & Styling: La Petite Fête | Party Supplies: Geese & Ganders
Creative Partner & Party Blueprint: Black Twine | Photography and Location: Danielle DiBenedetto of Lake Arts Studio
Cake: Bake & Tell | Cookies & small desserts: Itty Bitty Bakeshop
Lucite Table: Borrow Rentals | Chairs: Elite Wedding Chairs
Invitation: Minor Details Cle | Balloons: Northstar Balloons & Qualatex
Linens: BBJ Linen | Kids Outfits: Cat & Jack (Target)